Thursday, December 31, 2009

Jessicup of kindness

By now I'm sure you probably figured I don't exactly get my blog done before midnight every day. Nope, I fix the time and date on a regular basis, actually. However, usually when I post I'm on my way to bed shortly thereafter. Well right this second it's 3:36am, January 1st and I'm not in bed, not home, and have no plans to head that way any time soon. Hmmm...must be an epic party, right? Yup. Can you say 'lock in?' Yup. Pretty stinking fantastic, actually. Jason and I came out around three this afternoon to get in one last music practice before we went live this evening. The hour long set went really well, actually. I had at least fifty teenagers in front of me, grooving, while I stood front and center at the edge of the stage under the bright lights, singing my heart out into a microphone. Did I feel like a legit rock star? Yes. Yes, I did. Jason and I were planning on taking off after the set, doing our rounds at various friends' houses then maybe heading downtown, but we were having so much fun we decided to stick around and formed a dodgeball team with a few of our friends. Our team, The Crushinators, went all the way to the semi-finals! That's really saying something, considering the squirrely little guys and the aggressive jock types we competed against. At any rate, I don't know how long we're going to stay, but I don't intend to leave anytime soon. Just hiding out in the office with a laptop to get my fifth wind on. Aw yeah.

No comments: