Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm a rock star!

Interesting, hectic, breathless with exhilaration kind of day. Love it! I started out by caroling with Shannon at a craft fair. She asked if I wouldn't mind partnering up and singing with her for four hours, which I was all over even before she said it was a paying gig! So for four hours we wandered around singing, getting applauded, treated to a delicious lunch, and then we got PAID. Nice. From there I came home and had about an hour to chill before we all left for band practice for New Year's Eve. We worked on some songs and fleshed out the set list a little better. I can't wait, this is going to be a blast! Jason usually plays bass but for New Year's he's playing rhythmic guitar, which takes an entirely different skill set. We got a lot of good work in and called it quits around six. During my hour of resting up time I checked my Facebook and found out that my friend Clay (AKA 'DJ Clay) was doing a Radio Disney promotion thing really close to our house, so we decided to take the girls. We showed up and he was surprised to see us, but then said, "Oh! Here, let me get stuff for you guys!" And gave the girls reindeer antler headbands, stickers, buttons, etc. The event was neat, basically a little dance party for the under tween set. Leigha and I won a game and she got a Christmas CD and goody bag out of the deal. Nice! It pays to have incredibly cool friends.

No comments: