Thursday, October 29, 2009

Riddles in the Dark

Today was another rough day, but it's okay. I've made the decision to be okay with whatever comes my way. Shortly after deciding this, I left the house with the girls. It's been raining all day long, but as I drove to Dustin and Alanna's a HUGE, vivid rainbow came out, sweeping a translucent multi-hued arc across the sky, connecting two points of the earth with happy. As I drove East I went right under it. It was like a cheerful sweep edit, like I was being told, "Now you get it. It's gonna be okay. Oh, and you've got mustard on your shirt. Ah! Made you look!" Rainbows aren't always nice. Sometimes they can be bullies. I got to Dustin and Alanna's not too long before Jason got there. A few other couples came as well and we all had dinner then played the most amazing board game that makes you do absolutely rediculous things! At one point Dustin had to pick an object from around the room to be his 'mascot' and every time he took a turn he had to make it cheer for him. The whole thing was like a study in Dadaism turned into a board game. Sweeeeet.

4 comments:

notforthelifeofme said...

Ah, Quelf. Were you the Biscuit Farmer?

Unknown said...

I was Mrs. Picklefeather. Aw yeah!

Anonymous said...

Whose arm is that on the left foreground... If I didn't know better, I would swear it was mine! I have an Arm-Twin out in the world!

sugarbumkin said...

Ooh, Carl! That's Jason's arm! You guys should totally compare them when you see him next!