Friday, October 16, 2009

But I like the town the color it is!

I have been wanting to do something special with the family Friday evening all week long. Initially, I looked for a children's play or something like that that we could hit. This being Halloween season, everything is Edgar Allen Poe and zombie themed. Maybe in a few years, but for right now, that would be a no. So I decided to find us a movie that wasn't Where the Wild Things Are. (It's opening weekend. Do you know how many crying babies that equals? Pass.) There was a Toy Story 1 and 2 marathon at the theater, and I LOVE Toy Story, so we planned on that. On the way to grab a quick bite before the movie we were in the car ticking off things we need from Target and it hit me: I don't want to pay good money to watch computer animated toys do cool things, I want to do cool things! So we left the turning lane and went straight, got on the highway, and went downtown. We had dinner at a great Mexican place and got some fried ice cream there for dessert (my first time eating it. Woooow, that's good.) then we went exploring for a while, just seeing what we could find (Yeah, and I'm the brain genius who suggested we take Main all the way from River Market to Westport on a Friday night. Stupid Power and Light district, you ruin everything!!!) before we finally ended our little excursion at Half Price Books. I found a Vintage Clothing book (yeah!). We hit Target for essentials on the way home, and as we were walking into the building Brianna said something funny and I laughed and said, "Bri, you're going to be a very interesting teenager." She said, "Nu uh, I'm gonna be on a stage doing IMPROV!" Yeah..............I love that she wants to do improv, but there are some serious implications that she apparently feels there is a direct correlation between being interesting vs. doing improv. Little snot.

P.S.-if you look closely at this picture (0r click it to make it bigger) you can see that Brianna is wearing shoes from two different pairs. Both are left shoes. We didn't notice until Target.

2 comments:

notforthelifeofme said...

A few things:

A)You don't have to look closely at the picture to notice the difference in the shoes your daughter is wearing. It's not even remotely similar, so you can't claim the line that Geri Halliwell said in the bathroom ("Oh my God, my BOOTS don't match!") the day her dog ran into my bathroom stall.


B)The kids should see Fame. I think they cleaned it up from the 1980s film so they could get in on the High School Musical crowd. It fun--some crazy-talent in that film.

C)Continue on sharing pictures of my two favorite kids. I like to see them. Especially since Leigha apparently plans her playtime around when I will randomly call. Did you listen to the song? It's totally her!

Michelle said...

I did notice the shoe thing even before you mentioned it in the blog...hasn't she done that before?