Saturday, October 24, 2009

Leaves of three

Oh wow. Today was pretty amazing. Like, on a scale of amazingness to non-amazingness....today was so high up there on the good side as to be transcendent. I had workshops with Jill Bernard all day, and during the course of those workshops I played a velociraptor character and mentioned Owl City. We all went to dinner at a BBQ place then Tom, Jill and I went to Starbucks for some caffeination. While we were there we made up a rousing chorus about a stuffed gorilla we found in the bargain bin. This is a picture of Jill and the lower half of my face from on the way to Starbucks. I love the energy in the picture so much I don't even care that I'm barely visible in it. Either way, I had a great set with my group then sat down to watch the last few shows of the improv festival. The last set of the evening was 'Brownies Don't Lie' which is comprised of Trish Berrong and Jill Bernard. They were amazing, of course, but in one of the scenes Jill played a very familiar looking velociraptor! I was incredibly flattered to have been used as inspiration and I told her as much after the show. She said, "Oh, yeah, guess what? In that mother-daughter scene that we did where I was stroking the poster on the wall? In my head that was an Owl City poster." Squeeeeeee! I felt like I was a part of it! (Lucky Jen. She actually WAS! She got to tech their set!) Unfortunately, that means the shows of Impfest are OVER. There's one more workshop tomorrow, but the festival is gone now. Boo! It was such a blast. Thank you so much, John, this was so incredible and I feel privileged to have been a part of it!

No comments: