Friday, October 30, 2009

Hari kiri

Jason, sweetie, I love you but you're no actor. I said 'Make a scared face!' Not 'Look like you just coughed up a salamander!' (hee hee! Isn't he cute?) At any rate, today was a good day of recharging. I did some yoga with friends then went to German where I found out I got a 96% on my test from last week (wo0t!) then I made my world famous potato soup (note-there's just no such thing as too much bacon in potato soup.) After dinner I said, "Okay. Everyone get your shoes on." "Where are we going?" "Oh, it's a surprise." I had arranged with my friend Whitney (from school, theater kid, woo!) for some free tickets to the Deanna Rose farmstead's Halloween special event dealie. (yay!) We showed up and she greeted us at the entrance dressed as a cow. Way to start the evening, huh? We went in and did all the activities and got a bunch of candy. They have two separate hayrides going on there! One is 'scary' the other isn't. The difference between the two is the unscary one is a tractor pull and there's light up pumpkins, and the scary one is an actual horse drawn wagon and people jump out at you. Awesome. The above picture was taken just before leaving on the scary hayride. I kept joking that I was scared and Brianna said, "Hey, that's not funny. You're grown ups!" Oh child, if only you knew. We came home and carved our pumpkins. Two of them rotted (the green ones! Don't let your kids get green pumpkins, fyi!) so we gave the girls our pumpkins to carve. Brianna made a cat and Leigha made a Frankenstein. I'll post them tomorrow behind my little ones in their costumes, so no fair whining about our unconvincingly afraid faces tonight.

No comments: