Monday, November 16, 2009

Putting on chapstick is different now...

I woke up this morning to an e-mail from my German teacher saying there was no class today. German being my only class on Mondays, I felt like I was getting away with something! Since it's also Jason's day off but the girls were at school, we behaved like two children playing hooky. Jason said, "You know what...I want a sandwich and a beer." So we went downtown to Grinder's and giggled at each other across a philly cheesesteak. We tooled around in the Westport area for an hour or so, then got a coffee and headed back to the house, where the kids had just gotten home from school. Insult to injury, we made them clean their rooms tonight. Yup, we acted like a couple of kids all day then made the girls work like responsible adults. I love my life. The above picture is a hand drawn rendition of Daria from the bathroom wall of the lady's room at Grinders. Sweet.

2 comments:

David said...

One should make the most of every day that they are given (off).

sugarbumkin said...

One really should! :-)