Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a chicken drawing kind of day.....

Today was the best! I spent the whole day with the family, we played Wii and I read non-school related books and magazines for the first time since September. It was wonderful! As evening was coming on I grabbed my things and headed out for some yoga with Tom and Julia, then we met up with Tiffany, Thomas and Joe and saw The Union, a sketch group out of Chicago with ties to Kansas City. Jason and I saw them last year when they were here around Thanksgiving and they were tremendous! This year he was working so the girls spent the night at a friend's house and I went with the crew. Loaded Dice and Spite did a couple thirty minute sets as an opener, and they were just fantastic. The Union, of course, was phenomenal! They did a couples therapy sketch and pulled a random member of the audience up on stage....it just so happened they picked Julia! It was too funny. One of the reasons they picked Julia is because we were sitting in the front row. We sat in the front row because when we showed up Dennis DuPont said, "We're going to have you go ahead and sit in the front row." Uh......okay. So we did. After the show was over, I was told by him and a few other members of the improv groups that I should sit in the front row for every show. Charley Bell said, "Yeah, in fact, we should pay you to sit in the front." I laughed at this point and he said, "Yeah, and that's why. You have this great laugh and it just trickles back like a tidal wave all through the audience." Too sweet! We went to Mc Coy's afterward and Cristela from Oklahoma City (see the entries from July 16-18th, that's when I met her) and her hubby were in town for Thanksgiving, so they met up with us! It was great to see her and introduce her to the Kansas City improv scene. I've been looking forward to today for several weeks now. Glad it exceeded my expectations so thoroughly!

No comments: