Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My little pilgrim, now in four colors!

'Tis the season.....Brianna came home today as an 'Indian.' The back of her FABRIC tunic (we had paper sacks when I was in kindergarten! We must belong to a really rich school district!) has her 'Indian' name on it, "Little Cloud." Awwww! So answer me this, if you can remember, dear reader: When you were in kindergarten (or whenever) were you a Pilgrim or an 'Indian?' I am pretty sure I was an 'Indian.' I was certainly fascinated with their way of life for the longest time! This evening the girls and I went to an improv show. Jason has to work at nights now, so it was just us girls at the Exit 16 show. They're high schoolers and it's at the school so it's family friendly, and Trish coaches them. I've been meaning to get to one of their shows for quite a while now, so I'm glad I got the opportunity. I guess that's one advantage to not having rehearsals on Tuesday nights any more. The show was fantastic, those kids really know their stuff! I wish I had known what improv was when I was in high school. I would have had SO much fun!

5 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

I was an Indian, and I had the paper bag outfit, and noodle necklaces, and the headband... the whole works! We worked on the items for a week before some big party the whole school was having, and the day had come and I had to stay home, because I was sick. I was so upset that I kept trying to convince my mom I was NOT sick and I could go to school that day. I think for the whole thanksgiving break I wore my outfit just because I couldn't at school. Ahhh, memories. I also think that was the only time I was truly sick and had to miss school. Since then I haven't... and when I was much older I just played hooky, or faked it. :D

David said...

Way back when, we got to choose which. I chose Indian because it was easier. All we did was we got a head band (I think leather) and we were given a feather to put in it. That's all I remember.
Then in first grade, we got a chance to do it again. (Well, I got to...I switched schools due to moving just down the street from a school). I went for pilgrim. Construction paper hats with construction buckles...and rubber band to bring the hat back around the head.

David said...

I forgot to mention. The boys' outfits and girls' outfits were different. The girls didn't get buckles on thier heads.

sugarbumkin said...

Awww! Cutemacute! And Michelle, if it helps-we had to go to my grandparent's house the day my kindergarten class went on a field trip to Riata Ranch, the place where they teach people to trick ride on horseback. I feel your pain. :-D

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Bri is STILL wearing that dress, isn't it cold in KC? That's probably here favorite gma dress huh? Tell her I'm working on her Christmas one today.CB