Sunday, November 8, 2009

The art of the perfect weekend

Dahhhhhhhhhhhling, you look fantastic!

Oh thank you, dear, it was nothing, I assure you.

Nothing? Why you're positively glowing!

*fake chortling laughter* What? Why......surely you don't mean this old thing?

Oh come now, dahling, surely you know you look smashing!

*feigning modesty* Oh, well, you know I hate to toot my own horn.........

(under breath) You do?

But the word 'bling' WAS invented just for me!

*fake chortling laughter* Ohhhhhh! Yes, I seem to remember you telling me that story. Was it yesterday? Maybe the day before? Oh yes.........(with a hard edge) it was BOTH.

(pause, slightly taken aback) Well there's no need to get vicious, love.

*eyes wide* Did I? Just now?

(skeptical) Perhaps I've had a bit too much punch.

(smug look) Perhaps you have.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to find you a padded cell and straight jacket! : )

sugarbumkin said...

No, no, the DEAR needs a straight jacket because it's unspecified WHO he's talking to! Seriously, how creepy is that? :-D