Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Candyland

I got to rehearsal tonight and the girls from the costuming department were chatting. We've formed a bit of a backstage bond these last few days, built mostly around the fact that we aren't in the show, can't see the show, and as soon as the lights go up we aren't allowed to talk. Yay! At any rate, they had to run to the costume shop where we keep the show's wardrobe during the day, so I decided to tag along. They opened the door and I just about hyperventalated! Fabric! Trim! Mock ups, corsets, dress forms, aprons, bonnets, glasses, tights!!! Anything and everything you could possibly want to put in a well outfitted closet. Go figure. There was another door that led into the room where they keep the accessories. I tried on a few hats and constrained myself from rifling through the buttons. Oh my goodness! I absolutely MUST take a costuming class before I leave! I'm pretty sure if I had been all alone and could have gotten away with it without rammification I would have opened all the boxes, dumped the contents on the floor in a big pile and just rolled in it for about a week.

Too much?

..........yeah. Deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It amazes me you waited until you were an adult to show off you Home Ec. genes you inherited from me, but I'm so glad you have 'em! Take costume history from the drama dept., you will adore it! Mom

sugarbumkin said...

I know, right? It weirds me out too that I suddenly woke up one day and was like, 'Hey, I just remembered I can sew stuff!' And then boom, it snowballed! There is a costume design class at the school and costume history. Gah!!!