Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Through wheat fields and waterfalls

There's this really big hill on campus that a lot of students like to sit on and study or whatever. I went up there today for the first time, and once there I saw this guy on top of the COM building. Wha.....? For heaven's sake, what is the Brawny paper towel guy doing going to school with me? Weird! Anyhow, I had a really great day. After yesterday's upset I was able to turn things over and examine them in my mind and really talk them out with a couple friends, and now I feel really good about things. Every now and again it's nice to get a little off balance so when things snap back into place you realize how good you really have it. Not to mention, when your friends are good friends they will totally be there for you and you'll realize how great they are, too. Tonight was crew watch night for the musical the college is putting on. I'm on the makeup team so I was required to sit in on the rehearsal with everyone else. Gosh darnit, I had to go to a rehearsal and watch a production, aw gee! (heh heh) It was a little rough, but then they haven't even moved into dress rehearsals yet, so it's right where it should be. Either way it was pretty good. The show is called 'Closer than Ever' and it's basically a musical review. (Psst-all singing, no plot) Next week it opens and I have lots of rehearsals I have to be at. I'm so bringing my homework.

P.S.-While I was at rehearsal there was a girl there wearing a hoodie that said 'Twilight' across the front and then in curlicue letters on the back something about 'blah blah stay with me forever blah blah.' We had been talking and I told her, "Okay. I just read your mind." She gave me a really skeptical look and said, "You read my mind....?" I said, "Yup. You're thinking, 'I can't wait for New Moon to come out, New Moon, New Moon, ohmyGOSH!" Her eyes got HUGE! She said, "You.......read my mind?!?!" I said, "Nope. I just read your hoodie." She laughed so hard that she had to pull her head into said hoodie to stifle the guffaws. Jessica strikes again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha I was really hoping there was a twilight sweatshirt out there that said,"blah blah blah, stay forever blah blah blah." I was so going to try and find it.

sugarbumkin said...

Tee hee! I totally hope they make one!