Saturday, July 31, 2010

UCBNYC

For those of you who know Tim Marks, please mentally photoshop him in between Brandi and Jim. So this morning I did the standard 'wake up too early and go to the airport' thing that I do. You're probably tired of rereading that sentence by now if you follow this blog regularly...sorry about that. At any rate, this time the afforementioned airplane landed in New York City this time. Improv-Abilities was accepted into the Del Close Marathon at the Upright Citizen's Brigade theater in Chelsea. It's kind of a big deal, and I adore New York, so I decided to take a couple days to be here for it. I started the day out by hopping from La Guardia to Manhattan, then shopped in the West Village for a bit. I got a new carabiner to replace my old one from the same store I got the first one at. It's blue with cartoony flowers all over it and I have been getting complementary comments on it ever since I bought it a couple years ago. The spring on the hinge broke and it got pretty beat up, but it had three keyrings on the bottom of it so I continued to make use of it 'cause it's so cute. Luckily, the store still had cute and colorful carabiners, so I bought one that looked just like the other one did when it was shiny and new. Yay! I also managed to find Tastykakes. When show time drew close, I got a seat in the theater and watched a few shows, then IA took the stage. They did a great job and Kansas City should be very proud of them. I was happily thinking 'I know them!' the whole time. A couple shows later, when I had been joined in the audience by IA, we all got to watch Bassprov with Joe Bill and Mark Sutton! There were two other people with them, Mark Walsh and a lady with red hair whose name I didn't catch. I regret that, as she was quite the show stealer! I don't believe I've ever laughed harder at anything in my life, and I have seen some GOOD improv in my time. Fantastic! After their show was over we went to a little pizza place nearby and enjoyed a long evening wind down of gourmet salads, bread, and pizzas. Good food, good drink, great company. Everyone was letting out little contented sighs. I think we sounded like a basket of well-fed puppy dogs by the end of the evening.

No comments: