Monday, August 2, 2010

I'd like a new pair of feet, please.

This morning didn't come nearly as early as I thought it would. Hooray! I woke up at a decent hour feeling refreshed and ready to go out and see the sights. On board the happy tourist express were me, Zak, Brandi, Scott, and Jamie. We went to the Lower East Side looking for breakfast, pausing to have a cupcake at Babycakes first, then decided 'screw breakfast, let's get lunch.' So we went to Katz's Delicatessen. It's supposed to be one of the very best delis in New York and apparently a scene from When Harry Met Sally was filmed there. I've never seen that movie, but I tell you what...that sandwich was AMAZING. I'm going to make that place a regular on my New York sightseeing circuit. From there we went south to Battery Park and took pictures of the Statue of Liberty, then we walked up to check on the progress of the World Trade Center rebuild. (It's coming along.) Jamie and Scott pealed off on their own at this point, and Zak, Brandi and I continued north to Times Square, where we took a ton of fun pictures at the amazing Toys R Us there. From that point, we walked north to Rockefeller Center, where we went into 30 Rock for some touristy swag and to gawp at the fact that we were in the very building they film Saturday Night Live, which is kind of a big deal for those of us who do improv. After that it was a short jaunt to Central Park where we took more pictures and had hot dogs. At that point, my time was up and it was time to go to the airport. I said a fond farewell to my compatriots and the big beautiful city, then trekked across Queens and jetted home. I think I'll sleep for a week now.

No comments: