Friday, July 9, 2010

Hiding in plain sight

Today I bid a fond farewell to my little sister and the West coast as I flew home. I arrived in the late afternoon/early evening time frame. I was talking about the trip with Jason and I pulled out the little mirror I got from IKEA so he could see it and I could confirm that, yes, the little blobby cartoon guy was still in the instruction manual. That guy is awesome. He stares cluelessly at the pile of furniture ingredients for one panel, and in the next he is faith healing it into whatever room adornment it is supposed to be. The mirror was quite small, thus the packaging was of minute status. Jason left the house briefly to grab some things from the store, and while he was gone Spartacus did that spooky cat 'cardboard' radar thing and headed straight for the small packaging on the floor and tried to crouch in it and, in his mind, blend right in. Seriously, cat? You stand as much chance of blending in on that as Cyndi Lauper would in the cartooning division of New Yorker magazine.

No comments: