Monday, July 19, 2010

A presence I haven't felt since..............

This morning we woke up and set out to explore San Francisco. We started out by walking to Fisherman's Wharf and then back over to Pier 39. We walked back to the car at that point, then called Jon as we drove down Lombard Street. (Seriously, people, the road curves so much that tourists wait 20-30 minutes just to drive down it...you WANT your driveway to put you right out in the middle of that? I don't get it.) Jon directed us from there to his place of employment...Lucasarts! He got us checked in and took us on a private tour of the studios. (First thing I saw was a life sized Boba Fett and Darth Vader in the lobby. YES.) It was fantastic! We got to see all the mock ups for various characters from films and a few actual props, including the giant painting of that guy from Ghostbusters 2 and the mansion from A Series of Unfortunate Events. No plexiglass or anything, you could reach right out and touch if you wanted...but we didn't. We had a great lunch in the cafe on the campus shortly thereafter, then thanked Jon and headed back to Sacramento. I had been wanting to stop at an IKEA to see if I could fit a lamp into my suitcase that I knew I wouldn't be able to last time I went (I couldn't) so Anika decided to meet us there and follow us to Heidi's for dinner and swimming. Yay, Anika! I missed her so much! We found out that Holly (Heidi's twin sister) used to work with Anika not too long ago. Small world!

No comments: