Sunday, July 4, 2010

America! Aw yeah!

Today we celebrated America in the most traditional American way possible. We went out on the boat and swam for hours before getting caught in a gentle summer rainshower that passed quickly by, just in time to get some meat and corn on the grill. We had a few cold ones and snuck scraps of food to the dogs before heading into town for fireworks, then avoided the traffic jam afterward by taking the back way home. When we got back to the house we lit up a bonfire and roasted GINORMOUS marshmallows for s'mores. I am sunburnt, waterlogged, and I smell of campfire. My camera is full of blurry pictures of halfhearted attempts at capturing the bursts of light from the pyrotechnics show. I believe there is still chocolate on my shirt, and I have counted at least four bug bites.

What a perfect holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had these same marshmallows at our June Lake camp out. I've never seen any this size before! CB

Gypc said...

Fireflies!? Were there there fireflies?