Thursday, July 8, 2010

Top me off, please!

Today was the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that has been my visit to Orange County. Janina took me to Seal Beach where I spent a happy little while running in the surf and collecting sea shells. We drove around Long Beach after that, walked around the downtown and the area by the Queen Mary before heading back to her place. She had some friends who were celebrating the end of their Summer semester tonight so we played a few fun card games and got ready, then went to the most amazing karaoke bar I've ever been to! We walked in and it looked like just a lobby area with a bar at first, then when we were all assembled they led us down a back hallway and showed us to our own private karaoke room! We controlled the TV's and music via a remote and there were two mikes up in the front 'stage' area, and the back was completely taken up by a u-shaped booth with a table in the middle! There was also a button we could press for service. It was an absolute blast! Nina and I sang 'Bad Romance' and 'Thriller' at the request of the group, but the hands down hit of the night was 'I'm on a Boat.' Aw yeah! We left the place and headed to one of her friend's house and hung out in the hot tub for a while. What a fantastic way to round out a great trip!

1 comment:

Gypc said...

WOW! That sounds like an AMAZING day!