Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Elvis has entered the evening

Nina had to work today, so I borrowed her car and headed, sans map, to Costa Mesa to visit the IKEA. Aw yeah! If it wasn't for the restraints of my carry on suitcase (and, oh yeah, budget) I would have gotten a ton. As it was, I walked out with one five dollar item I've been wanting for a while. A mirror that comes out of the wall and when you flip it the other side magnifies. LOVE it! I need to plan a trip up to Minneapolis (our nearest store) soon. After leaving IKEA I met up with Justin and we spent the afternoon in downtown Fullerton. They shot many parts of the movie 'That Thing You Do' there. I love that movie! It was cool getting to see the real deal. That's one thing I love about Cali. After Nina got off work Justin and I met her at Slater's 50/50, a restaurant with amazing burgers. They are famous for their 50/50 burger, which is composed of 50% beef and 50% bacon. Oh yeah. Soooo tasty! Nina and I came back to her place and dressed for the evening after that. We went out to a couple places, eventually meeting up with some of her friends at The Continental Room, where it was Elvis night. Yes! We got a picture with 'The King.' Absolutely marvelous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was he as good as our Elvis in Birdy? CB

Justin Martin said...

hey this is justin and when you were with me, we were in olde towne orange