Monday, July 5, 2010

When the kids are away....

Jason and I packed up and left his mom's after lunch today, leaving the girls behind for a fun week with grandma! What, oh what, are two young adventurous kids like us to do? After stopping at the house for a brief stuff drop off and cat check in, we were off and running out the door. We went downtown and had a lovely dinner at one of our favorite spots then went to a bookstore for a bit, followed by coffee. We hopped around a bit after that before settling on a place that had karaoke. Wo0t! Though we have been to places with karaoke together prior to this evening, Jason had yet to take up the mike of truth for himself. So, being the bold little brat that I am, I signed him up without his knowledge. They called his name and his face fell. "Oh no...what'd you put me in for?" He asked. I winked in response. To his relief, I was kind enough to choose 'The Joker' by Steve Miller Band for him, and the whole place sang along with him. Go Jason!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you two! CB