Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yippy kai-ay!

This morning the girls and I got up early and drove to Lansing (Kansas). I had an improv gig for a library thing there. It was at the high school auditorium (um, hello, massive and awesome! Why wasn't my high school theater half that cool?) which was large so they gave us inconspicuous wireless head mikes (see??? Cool!!!!) which was just weird. Awesome. The show was fun and I broke a chair (or finished.......it seemed to just be incredibly tired and finally just sort of slowly leaned over during a scene) but it was cool. Oh, and it was an audience of daycare aged kids. So different from what I'm used to. On all fronts. We came home and had lunch and then my parents showed up after having driven all the way across Kansas. (and Nevada, and Utah, and the entirety of Colorado, including the half that's brown, dead and gross.) Let's all take a minute to give them a hand, shall we? *waits* We had some dinner and then my dad, Jason and I went to music practice. By special arrangement, my dad is playing with us this Sunday. He pulled out his wicked Martin accoustic and tuned up, then played about five notes before Eric jokingly said, "You're IN!" They all seemed impressed with his mad skillz. My dad is awesome. (on a related note, so is my mom.) We came home and my mom was just putting the girls to bed, so we said goodnight to them and went out on the deck to watch fireflys. My mom has never seen them! Now I don't feel quite so bad about never having seen them until I was in my twenties. It was really windy, not the best night to view them, but we managed to see a bunch. Oh, and when we came back in, Spartacus ate a june bug. Yay!

3 comments:

JMH85 said...

You dad is kinda the man and he does have mad fat guitar skills

Michelle Lee said...

Giir ate a june bug last night too!!!! She was so happy about it that I couldn't tell her no.

Unknown said...

My dad IS the man!!!

Did Giir's june bug crunch audibly? Sparticus's did. Ew.