Monday, June 22, 2009

Kansklahoma?

It's hot. Too hot to stay around in a house with crippled AC. We left. We went to my parents' personal Mecca, Costco! We are out of coffee beans and my dad said, "Hey, we can get those at Costco." This is seriously how addicted they are: When my mom said, "Oh, I need gas." My dad said, "Hey, is there a Costco nearby?" When I need gas my first thought is never 'Where's the nearest [brand x] station?' No, that's what you call dedication. Either way we went and got coffee beans, then my dad dropped my mom, Bri and I off at the mall. We rode the carousel (Brianna was on a seal. She named it Chelsea.) and went to a few shops, including the Disney store, where I got something for Bri for Christmas 'cause it was on sale. If you're thinking to yourself, 'Holy cow, she's already started Christmas shopping?' The answer is yes, of course I have. I started in February with a few things I picked up in Germany. I'm awesome like that. And usually done before black Friday. After the guys were done at the guitar shop they had gone to while we did fun things, we all went to Oklahoma Joe's for a late lunch. Mmmm........Kansas City BBQ. Awesome. For the record, my dad preferred Jack Stack, but he held up his fingers to show that it was only 'by that much.' We came home and chilled in the basement until the sun went down, then sat outside watching fireflies again. My mom had gone in the house when we saw the first one, so I said to my dad, 'Should I go tell her it's on?' The guys looked at the AC this evening and found ice on the lines. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on and get it fixed.

2 comments:

JMH85 said...

I know I'm a girl and not suppose to know about manly fix it problems like the A/C, but we just had the same problem. Easy fix. It just means your condenser coil has frozen up and the way to fix it is to turn off the A/C for about an hour and let it thaw and it should be good as new. Unless there is a leak in the line or it needs freon. Hope that helps.

Spark*Life said...

Yes, she did start in Germany. OCD anyone?