Friday, June 19, 2009

Ups and downs

This afternoon my parents took us to see 'UP' as part of Brianna's birthday present. It's a super cute, fun movie! The previews did not do it justice at all. I kept hearing good things about it from other people, though, and my parents said, "Don't see it, we're all going when we come out there." Awesome. Go see it. After the movie everybody else left for Hutchinson. We found out a week ago that Leigha qualified for the state track meet (follow up from the meet I posted a couple weeks ago) but with such short notice, I couldn't get out of a commitment I had and I was unable to go. I was pretty dissapointed and sad as I watched the car leave without me, but at least Leigha had Bri, Jason, and two of her grandparents there to support her. It was just Bri and I at the last one. I dinked around the house for a bit before driving to Westport for my commitment, which was a Sketchy Thoughts show. It was part of the 24 hour comedy marathon to support the Alex's Lemonade Stand charity. We ran a quick tech rehearsal at six, I grabbed some dinner at Jerusalem Cafe, then came back to the theater. The marathon started at nine pm and our show was at 11:30. We performed okay, it wasn't super tight like we normally are, but three quarters of the audience seemed to really enjoy themselves. The stage was like, 110 degrees or something, it was HOT! We were positively dripping as we left. Gee-ross. In case you're wondering, Leigha did really well. A full ten seconds faster than at the last meet! She came in last, but it was close. I'm so proud of her.

No comments: