Friday, August 13, 2010

iBlecch.

Today was every bit as Friday the 13th as it gets. The best thing that happened to me today was a sandwich. To begin, my iPod was updated recently and the wifi hasn't worked properly since. Troubleshooting online led to me doing a hard reboot of the entire thing. While that got started, Jason and I went to Target to battle the other frenzied parents trying to find the same exact school supplies that everyone else needs. (Okay, markers and crayons for a middle schooler? Why? And why THAT MANY new crayons for every student every year? I'm calling shenanigans!) Wading through the multi-handed grabbing demon that is everyone else in the school supply aisle, we fought our way through and came out victorious. When we got home I checked the iPod, which was now finished rebooting. Not only did the restart erase ALL. MY. MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now the wifi wasn't even showing up as an option in settings. What??? So we went to Best Buy where I got it, but I don't have the receipt (it was freakin' January!) so they looked through all their records and couldn't find it. The lady said, "If you get your bank records and shows us we can go off that." Cool. In the meantime they told me to see if Apple would do anything. Our nearest Apple store is on the Plaza, so Jason went off to work and Bri and I drove through the beginnings of a thunderstorm to get there. We pulled up at 8:15 and ran in through the now substantial rain only to be told that you have to have an appointment, they were out of appointments for the day, and could I drive all the way back across town tomorrow in the middle of my busy day so they could begin to troubleshoot what might be the problem? Yeah...............sure. So I made the appointment and checked to see if Best Buy was still open ('till 10! Yes!) then set off for home to get my bank records with a pit stop at Jimmy John's for a much desired dinner sandwich. I found it, printed it badly due to our printer cartridge having very very low ink at the moment (Come on, now is NOT the time!) and ran back to Best Buy...only to find that the power is out due to the storm. It's 9:22 pm. Bri is in the back seat rubbing her eyes, I'm irritated beyond reason, and it's pouring rain. We drove home and I put her to bed, snapping a quick picture of myself using the webcam (Camera's broken!) before ripping into my hard-earned sandwich. And that was my day.

No comments: