Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My lips are sealed

Leigha has been spending the night with her friend Dahlia from time to time over the course of the Summer. Twice in the last two weeks, in fact. Since Brianna sometimes sleeps with Leigha (and sneaks in when we tell her she can't) she gets distraught when Leigha is gone, claiming she'll have nightmares (apparently she saw part of Jumanji at Leigha's request and it scared her...this was a month or so ago). Tonight Leigha asked to spend the night at Dahlia's, and I said yes. As soon as the girls had gone, Bri started in on her "I'm gonna be scared!" routine, so I went to my closet and dug out a bag that I had been saving for just such an occasion. "Bri, do you know what this is?" I asked her, handing her a bright pink sphere with glitter on it and purple flowers. Her eyes got big as she shook her head, 'no.' "It's a dream ball." I said. "You put it in the water and it turns the water pink, and when you get out of the tub you have good dreams!" She giggled excitedly as she ran to get her pj's together. When she came back we started up the tub and I let her drop the ball in, and it began fizzing and dispersing color immediately as a pleasant aroma filled the tub. "Cooooooooooool!" She said. By the time I tucked her in she was so giddy with happiness that she didn't even mention being afraid of the dark once. Score one for me!

4 comments:

Sarah Jones said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

you're so clever!! Where do you buys those dream balls at?

sugarbumkin said...

It's just a bath fizzie. You can find them anywhere. Check your smell good potion section of wal-mart where they keep shower and bubble bath stuff. I got this particular special one at Lush, a super amazing bath store in the mall.

Gypc said...

Way to go mom!