Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Middle

I went to back to school night for Leigha's class....es. Yeah, that's right, 5th grade is middle school here! We first sat in a meeting that explained the changes in their advancing education, such as class changing and how the cafeteria works. (They have an ice cream machine. Why wasn't MY school a fraction of that awesomeness???) As I walked to her homeroom class I saw this on the board outside. If you can't read it, it says, "Leigha. Funny, I have the energy to play, I like going to grandma's, I wish I had a DSI (google it.) , plays ball and making friends." I am assuming they were told certain things to write, such as "describe yourself with one word" and "what's something you like to do?" Either way, she already has a flair for making cool letters like I do. That's my girl! I do think her regular handwriting is better than mine, though.

1 comment:

David said...

5th grade seems too young to be in middle school. But then again, 13 years old seems too young for the image I get in my head when I think of middle school.
But don't worry, the image in my head for middle school isn't X-rated.