Tuesday, August 3, 2010

When I was young

When I was a little girl I used to love crafty things. Coloring, cutting, gluing, etc. One day when I was really small (5 or so) I remember getting a coloring book, coloring a few of the characters in it, cutting them out, grabbing an envelope, putting them in it, then taking them out to the mailbox to send to my mom. I thought I was being clever and sneaky and envisioned her going out to get the mail, finding them, and me saying, "Gee, mom, I don't know how those got there!" Eventually, (5 minutes or so) my impatience got the better of me, and I couldn't wait any longer for the mail to come. So I grabbed my mom's hand and said, "The mail came, let's get it!" But she was in the middle of something. I don't remember if I got her to come with me or not, but I remember being very frustrated that she was busy just then. Didn't she know that something VERY IMPORTANT was happening in the vicinity of our mailbox RIGHT NOW???? Either way, she got the envelope and cooed over them, and when she asked if I did them, I said, "I don't know WHO did that!" I figured that was explanation enough, especially when she didn't question me further. At the end of the encounter, I felt very sneaky and pleased with myself. Much as I imagined the Tooth Faerie feels after a successful molar heist.

These were not mailed to me, simply given to me by Brianna. But they sure do bring back memories...

No comments: