Monday, August 2, 2010

The cat is a lie

So today's picture was supposed to be a video, but the video is sadly MIA. The 'Musical Theater Heritage' production company of Kansas City does a nifty thing once a month called 'Musical Mondays.' Basically, they invite a few 'host' singers and musicians who put on a show, and flesh out the rest of the music with people drawn from a lottery of performers in the area. I found out about this and got myself on the list for the event, and wouldn't you know it, my name was drawn! So this evening I went to the Off Centre Theater and sang 'On My Own' from Les Miserables. I had a couple friends in the audience and I asked one of them to take a video of the performance for me, but there was a snaffu with the camera and it didn't take. Bummersauce! Guess you just had to be there. I was greeted with warm applause and many complements in the lobby after the fact, though. Aimee, Ashley and I celebrated the show (and getting out of the house, which apparently they both needed badly) by heading to Jerusalem Cafe for a delicious meal. We parted ways after that and I went on to my friend Lauren's going away party. She was accepted into a music program on the East Coast and it's kind of a big deal. I'm sad to see her go, but so happy for her to have this opportunity!

No comments: