Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wicked Casio, Jason......

We packed up early this morning and headed out, reluctant to leave but eager to return to our own lives........with internet access. We stopped off at Sheila's briefly to pick up some things, including a piano that belonged to Jason's grandmother. He wants to learn keyboard and it was willed to him. *shrug* Yeah, so we got home late this afternoon and made sammiches for dinner. I had a great rehearsal this evening and Jason and the kids went to the airport to say goodbye to John and Emily, who are flying home to San Fransisco. It was so great seeing everyone! I called Jason on the way home from rehearsal to let him know I was on my way and I heard a strange noise. It took me a second to process that it was the keyboard. I laughed so hard! When I got home he said, 'Wait a minute, wait a minute, I gotta show you this!' He started playing a badly synthesized beat on the keyboard. "Aw yeah. We're cruisin' now!" I started singing 'Tainted Love,' since the beat was perfect for it, and he tapped a 'bzzt bzzt' key at the appropriate minutes. Jason, I know you read this, and I want you to know that that does NOT count as 'learning to play the keyboard.' Nerd-o.

No comments: