Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oh what a happy time we'll spend!

We only have one full day with Lynette so we decided to do....everything. We started out by going to a Brittish tea shop I've been dying to take her to. I'm sure she could have happily spent all day in there if it wasn't for Brianna's grabby little hands. Poor thing, it's just so hard not to touch when everything is so shiny and smells good. We went from there to Union Station so Lynette could check out the Narnia exhibit. It's rather expensive so I decided not to go a second time myself, but Jason hadn't seen it so it all worked out. I walked around Union Station while they went through. We met back up again and headed to Jerusalem Cafe for some fantastic Mediterranian food, then we went to the Starlight Theater for the opening night of the Kansas City run of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'd say ninety percent of ticketholders could care less about the rest of the show beyond the 'Ah, it's a flying car!!!! And it's right there in front of me!!!!' part. I loved the whole thing, except for the fact that it felt like they seriously rushed the second half. It was like, 'great, great, great, FLYING CAR!!, intermission, great, FLYING CAR!!!, wait, it's over???' Also, the guy who played the dad dissapointed me during the part where he's supposed to be the Baron's birthday present and do that dance with Truly Scrumptious. I truly believed he was a man in a costume. He didn't even try to act like a toy, which is what he was supposed to be at that time. I know it's a children's show, but come on man, you're still representing Broadway! Anyhow.............yeah. It was really fun and cute, and since it was at The Starlight, we got to see lightning bugs responding to the light cues, which is always amusing.

2 comments:

JMH85 said...

I love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and am sad to hear about the second act let down. The toy scene is one of my favorites.

Unknown said...

me too! That really made me sad. Lynette told me it wasn't like that in London, so it's either an Americanization thing, or a touring watering down thing. Either way I wouldn't mind seeing it in London. :-D