Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Deeyenvewr

A little while ago my good friend Sam sent me a message on Facebook. "Hey, I'll be in Denver visiting my parents from the 1st through the 15th. You should try to come out!" I checked my schedule, and, well, gosh darn it all if it wasn't full up busy. Except for one itty bitty day, sandwiched directly between one trip and Jason having knee surgery, with who knows how long of a recovery time. I said, "Okay.........I can come, but only on the 8th and not for very long." The 8th it was....er.........is...was? *confoozled* So the girls and I set out this morning for Denver. We got in about 8:40 this morning, Sam picked us up and we went to Starbucks. Mmmm. I took this picture there and showed it to her. She said, "Oh......my eyes are closed. Oh well, I look better that way." So we didn't retake it. Hoekay then. We went from there to Cherry Creek, our favorite mall of shopping trips past when we both lived in Denver. We spent some time reminiscing, catching up, but mostly cruising the mall and laughing at bad outfits and cooing over cute shoes. All too soon our time was over, and at 2 I found myself back at the airport coming home. It was good seeing her, even if it was incredibly brief. I got home and Jason and I put the kids to bed a little early and chilled in front of the TV. Yeah, we need a little of that. We are both slightly exhausted!

No comments: