Monday, July 13, 2009

Quantity is Job #1

Leigha and I flew out to Reno today. It's her turn to spend a couple weeks with my parents all by herself. I had a few hours on the ground so we enjoyed a nice lunch at Chevy's (remember them? They make fresh tortillas right in front of you. Shame on anyone who prefers On The Border!) then went to a fabric store to find a pattern and material for Leigha. She's going to make her own first day of school outfit while there. Fun! I flew home in the afternoon and when we landed in Kansas City, we were on the runway slowing down and we were almost at taxiing speed when there was a tremendous bumping jolt that shocked the plane. Every passenger went, "Whoa!" It felt like we hit a speed bump or a deer or something. That was incredibly bizarre. What's more strange is that as I was coming off the plane I asked the pilot what we hit and he said, "Oh, we're not sure, we think it was the brakes." I described the situation to Jason and he said, "Well, yeah, sometimes brakes seize up when they get too hot, but that's weird." I wonder what actually happened.

No comments: