Saturday, July 11, 2009

Now back to our sporadically scheduled life

Today was the first day Jason and I had things going on that weren't just 'Do you feel like it?' things. We were ready to drop anything and everything for as long as we needed to, so today was kind of a trial run. I had a short meeting this morning so I helped Jason get fed, cleaned up, dressed, and downstairs to his hidey hole (thank goodness our kids are old enough to get their own cereal and stuff!) then ran out to my meeting. This is a cool picture I snapped while there, I thought it was funny how three of us were using laptops to take notes, and I love the way it captures the feeling of a meeting without actually showing people. Plus the color contrasts of the black computers and white cup is really neat, not to mention the light playing off the tabletop. I rushed home to find that everything was just fine, so I got everyone saddled up and Jason and I were off to music practice. I carried his bass over my shoulder as he hobbled up to the stage. It's amazing the kind of sympathy he can attain. "Oh, that poor guy. He's wearing shorts so you can clearly see an ankle to knee medical dressing on one leg and a prosthetic where the other one should be, AND he's on crutches? This guy can't catch a break!" I made a joke today along the lines of 'Jason has four legs and none of them work right.' We got a few essentials at Wal Mart after that, then treated ourselves to some icy beverages at Sonic. When we got home I managed to get all the dishes done, cook a meal, AND make a heaping bowl of potato salad for a friend's barbeque tomorrow, all while running up and down the stairs to get Jason water or icepacks or whatever. You soccer mom's thing you're so hot, you ain't got nothing on me! Oh, you volunteer for greenpeace and you're on the PTA? That's nice. I take care of my poor crippled husband and two kids while being able to almost keep up with the dishes today. Booya!

No comments: