Thursday, July 2, 2009

Touchdown Turnaround

Crazy crazyness..........oy, ugh, and bleh. Today was the day I flew out to get Bri from Nevada. We started out at 4am with the getting up and hygenicness and whatnot, then we all set out for the airport, Jason, Leigha and I. Jason got clearance from his boss to allow Leigha to stay with him at work all day so that I could go out and get Bri a little easier. (full flights and whatnot) So I got on a flight to Vegas at 7am, arriving at 8am, had some 'Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf' coffee (awesome coffeeshop chain in California/Nevada/I dunno where else, but West of here. Wish we had them) and went for a power walk around MacCarren. (Bleh.) I boarded my flight to Reno at 9:00 am and landed in Reno at 10am. I walked around the corner to the unsecured area and Bri flung herself at me, clinging to my neck like velcro. She had fun, but she was ready to come home, sweet thing that she is. My parents took me to In-N-Out Burger for lunch, my mom and I did some car maneuvering, and then we went to Legends at Sparks. Yup, they have one too! I believe theirs is the second of several planned 'Legends' malls. We went to Scheels and rode the giant ferris wheel (yeah, I'm afraid of heights, have I ever mentioned that? 'Cause it's crazy bad.) then walked around the mall for a bit before going to my dad's work to pick him up. Long story short, Uncle David and Aunt Wanda bought a house that had a nice spa in it, but they already had one they liked, so my parents are getting it. Why is this important? Because my dad was going out to pick it up today, by flying to Denver. Through Vegas. The same Reno-Vegas flight we were going to take! So yeah, my mom dropped us off at the airport, we went through security, then got a row of seats and partied all the way down the state of Nevada. We had dinner together in Vegas before we parted ways for our different destinations. That was really fun, I like that we got to do that. We finally arrived in Kansas City this evening at midnight, exhausted and travel worn, but with our little family back together again. The girls are so excited to see each other, and I'm just glad to have my feet on solid ground again.

1 comment:

JMH85 said...

I'm so familiar with the face your dad is making. It has been far to long since I have seen it. In fact I believe it was him who taught me how to make that exact face. Ahh memories!!