Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sinusarus

I'm sick at the moment,therefore kind of miserable to be around, let's be honest. However, when I came home from school, the sight of Jason helping Bri, with what was apparently an impossible to solve word search that she made, warmed my heart considerably. Bri had girl scouts tonight so Jason and I spent some time with Leigha. Jason's parents love to get the girls t-shirts from vacation destinations, and when we are with them they allow them to pick their own shirt designs. Leigha happened to be wearing one she got in Arkansas that was dark blue in color and pictured a rearing white horse and some lightning. I remarked on the shirt, saying:

Me: Wow, kiddo. That shirt totally makes me think of Napoleon Dynamite, except you're not wearing it ironically.

Leigha: *quizzical look* What's ironically?

Jason and I together: Exactly.

Ah, the simple joys of having kids. Why doesn't anyone mention THAT stuff more than being proud of them at school concerts and plays and stuff? Oh, right. 'Cause we're horrible people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya learned from the best kiddo! CB

sugarbumkin said...

I'm well aware of that! :-D