Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jessica's big charity benefit adventure

My day started out like any other. I got up, got ready, and drove to the news station. Pretty typical. I waited backstage, got miked up, then Nathan Stewart and I were interviewed for the improv charity benefit that was tonight. Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary. (Okay, yeah, so it was different. I'm dropping that game now because I'm bored of it.) Apparently it went pretty well, I haven't had a chance to watch the recording of it yet. After that I collected a few more concession items and went to the theater to set up things. It was crazy, seriously. We did four shows in four hours. Yikes! By the time it was over I felt like I had been wrung out. But it was so worth it. The shows were pretty high quality for the most part, and we raised a good chunk of change for the Global Orphans Project, which was great! I'm exhausted, but triumphant. One last little fun story for you: when I got to the news station I had to pick up the phone in the lobby to be let in (security and whatnot) and this guy came to get me. He asked what I was being interviewed for and I told him KC Crossroads Comedy, and he said, "Oh, that's great, I need more comedy." He then flat out asked me for my number so he could get more information about KCX. He got out a piece of paper and I said, "Here, let me just give you the website so you can find out more." He wrote it down then said, "And can I get your number so I can get more information about comedy?" So I gave him Tom's number. What? He wanted info on KC Crossroads Comedy, and that IS the number for it, after all........ *devilish grin*

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

if you got a link to your interview, would love to see it!

Unknown said...

I checked, there is no link. :-( I will see if there's a way to get it online from someone who DVR'ed it