Sunday, February 14, 2010

How to properly accessorize

Happy Valentine's Day. I made our family's traditional dish, 'Cherry Yum Yum Pie,' today. Actually I made two of them. One of them I made for the family, the other for my improv family. We had our regularly scheduled Anomaly Orange and Project Improv rehearsals tonight, and I figured everyone could use a little happy magical loveness. The pie went over really well, too, so I'm really glad I did it. Being a performer can be a little demanding, especially when you have a huge show coming up (like, traveling to another part of the country to perform huge. Which we're doing) and it's a holiday. It's nice to have that built in support group, though. Our rehearsals were amazingly fun, too. I had to call scene one time because I was laughing so hard I physically couldn't take any more! It's evenings like this that let you know that what you're doing is worth the time it takes to do it. Hooray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes a mother proud to find her daughter making the same traditional pie she herself makes, & in an apron the mother gave to the daughter (that she almost kept for herself), albeit a little tardy, for Christmas!

Michelle Lee said...

This picture reminds me of 'Cunningham muffins' from the creator of 'shoes'

"you'll eat a muffin, you'll eat it and like it!"