Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcher Tag ist Heute?


Again. Not a fashion blog. But isn't my new belt AWESOME??? I know, right? So today had an unfortunate beginning to it...Brianna took FOR EV ER to get ready this morning, and she missed the bus. (I waved Leigha out the door when it showed up. Good 'ol Type A Leigha...always ready on time) Not having any time myself, I quickly finished getting ready then figured I'd drop her off on my way to class. I left at 8:20, class starts at 9 for me and it's a 20 minute drive. I had JUST enough time when you factor in parking. Unfortunately, I autopiloted my way to the wrong school. They built a new elementary school this year, so Leigha went to the old one last year and it's where the girls have Girl Scouts on Tuesdays, so it makes sense when you're rushed and tired. I pulled up to the school, realized my mistake, and went, "GAHHHHH!" As I hit the steering wheel in realization. I flipped around and pointed my unhappy self in the correct direction. AWAY from where I needed to be to get to the highway and get to school. By the time I got her to the school she's actually enrolled in and back onto the highway, it was 8:45. Eep! So I was late to class due to my own stupidity, but luckilly I missed traffic and found a spot right away, so it was only 7 minutes. Bleh. I HATE being late. After class I stuck around campus to see some friends who go there, then (since Jason sleeps during the day and the girls are at school) I headed to Westport. While there Jason called and said he had been called in to do some overtime and he'd be home about four. Bummer, but I was already downtown, so I decided to make the most of my alone time and hit the Plaza (see belt, above) then went to the Crossroads District to see if I could make some connections in the neighborhood of the Fishtank. It was nice having a little QT with myself. I don't get to just hang out alone like that much. I got home about the same time as the girls, with Jason about ten minutes after that. Sweet. Reassembly: complete!

3 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

LOVE the belt, but you probably already knew that I would. :-D

JMH85 said...

I love the belt and I love love love the color of the wall behind you.

David said...

Hey, watch me be a guy and comment on something else not related to cloths:
I was just going to say that back when I was going to JCCC in July to finish up for my Batchlor's so I could send the info back to KU, my class started at 8am...well, scheduled to start anyway. Sometimes, it would be 8:10 before the teacher got there.