Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hug me like a muppet!

Ah...........improv pictures. I can explain exactly what's going on here, but.....hmm.....I dunno that I will. I will say this, however-This is a shot from Project Improv tonight. These guys really killed it tonight! We instantly snapped into the group mind, every scene was intensely playful, and by the end of one memorable scene, they were able to tell me details that came out of the scene like, "He was wearing leather pants and they lived in dorm room number 147!" That may not sound like a lot to the non-improvisers out there, but keep in mind we work with no props, costumes, or scenery. Everything is made up on the spot. Being able to play a scene with invisible scenery that is so vivid that everyone remembers the number on the nonexistant door...that's pretty huge. Tom and I are really hitting our stride as directors, and it's becoming incredibly satisfying to be able to say, 'Yeah. We put that love of our art form into them.' Being able to show people what I love about this creative process is something I take great pride in.

No comments: