Monday, January 11, 2010

Doing a little turn on the catwalk

We have a HUGE theater festival coming up next week and my school is hosting it this year. So, like a good little theater student, I spent all morning and afternoon at the school. Here is what I did today:

-Rearranged the theater with flexible seating to cram more seats into it.
-Launched giant 2x4's and various pieces of sets and broken chairs off a loading dock and into a huge dumpster.
-Jumped on a flat dolly with two other girls and rode it into the backstage area of the medium-sized theater. (pictured)
-Helped move costumes and storage items into the backstage area of the large theater.
-Snuck off and explored the catwalks and secret passages of the large theater.
-Reorganized fabric in the costuming department while playing with the most delicious vintage clothing and shoes stored in the closet.

I just love being a theater student and getting to do cool things. Incidentally, that's the second day out of three in which I have completely rearranged a theater. My arms are sore.

No comments: