Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An excercise in futility.

Ah, poor, sad, useless paper chain. You were created but shall never fulfill your intended purpose. I went to the school today to work out some more details on the party I'm co-heading up for the big theater festival. They gave us no budget to work with (it's that kind of climate, yo, even at the college level) and told us to figure out decorations and stuff. Upon discovering this, the girl I am partnered with suggested we get a bunch of construction paper and make a truly epic paper chain and just go nuts. I shrugged and said, "Why not." Yeah, it's a little juvenile and maybe a little lame, but if applied properly we probably could have done magical non-lame things with it. Unfortunately for us, the instructors gave it the red light while we were constructing it. So here stands the piled up mountain of the lonely paper chain that will never attend a party. *salutes* Fare thee well, paper chain. May you find soon brighten something worthy of your specialness.

2 comments:

David said...

Gosh, you think they would have at least tried to stop you before you got that far.

Chris Hurt said...

I like the title of this blog entry, although I personally use the phrase "another pointless exercise in futility." I also use the phrase "well, so much for that plan." I do not believe I ever used those phrases together, but now seems appropriate.