Sunday, January 10, 2010

Aryan children of the corn

We went to lunch today with Dustin and Alanna and crew. Bri and their third child (out of four), Clara, are quite the gruesome twosome. They hid under the table, giggling for a while. For no apparent reason. Cheeky monkeys. Oh, and in case you didn't miss the close proximity, yes, they are sharing a chair in this shot. I was dragging a lot today. After the thrill of yesterday's stunning success and grueling workout, I'm tired! But there ain't no rest for the Jesstah, or at least I choose to delay resting and do fun things, so I went to rehearsal tonight. Like a good little classically trained actress. It was a blast, too! We showed up and found that our regular rehearsal space was filled with chairs and tables, which is not wholly unusual. What WAS different, however, was Joe's suggestion to use the different chair and table groupings as a springboard for scenes. We moved from place to place, using the movement to edit scenes, until we found that we had run out of new groupings, so we started using more and more of the room (including one scene where the boys were feds and I was a circuit board thief [I know, right?] they were stalking and they finally cornered me but I cleverly avoided them and ran to safety. Mua ha ha!) and our scenes were incredibly real, unusual, and FUN! We finally reached a natural conclusion and called for a break, only to look at the clock and discover that we had gone the entire length of rehearsal time already. And no, we didn't warm up or anything. Wow! I needed that. It was such a great artistic purge! I came home and Jason and I watched a cute movie from New Zealand. Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords fame was in it, which is how I found out about it (Thanks, netflix!) and when he showed up on the screen Jason's eyes got big and he gave me a look like, "Wha..........I know that guy!" It was too funny.

No comments: