Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decade-ance

Me: So, Leigha, what do you want for your birthday treat?
Leigha: Like...at home or for school?
Me: Well, both.
Leigha: Cupcakes for school and um..............frosted sugar cookies for here.
Me: (Pause) Like........homemade sugar cookies?
Leigha: No, the ones you get from Walmart.
Me: Okay.....you got it.

*Shrug* I still don't get it. She loves those cookies. Happy birthday, Leigha! I can't believe she's ten years old. It just doesn't seem possible. It's not like the time flew by and wasn't it just yesterday she was a baby and blah blah blah.....because we've all been through A LOT in the past ten years. Except Brianna who has only been here for half of that. And no, it's not an 'I can't believe I'm losing my BAYYYYYYYYYbeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" thing, either, because I love seeing her become a rational human being and getting to do cool things without stopping every five seconds. It just doesn't seem like she should be ten, though. Hard to explain I guess.

4 comments:

David said...

Turning 10 years old is a big deal when you turn 10 years old...not like turning 26 when you turn 26...well, it wasn't a *huge* deal for me when I turned 26.

Happy Birthday to her, though.

Michelle Lee said...

those cookies are pretty good. :)

Anonymous said...

I can make AWESOME sugar cookies, but I still can't compete with the store-bought... Good Choice Leigha!

Anonymous said...

How do you think I feel about my baby (of 27 years) worrying that her baby of 10 years is growing up???? I'd have opted for home made too Jess.
CB