Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Van Gogh

And that's that. My van is gone, sold to a scrap yard. As Strong Bad in his infinite wisdom said, "It's overrrrrr!" As we were driving away all I could think was, "My van...." We just renewed the plates but we'll get a refund for that, add that to the cash from the scrap yard and I have a tiny "car pool" which I will add to on Friday, and hopefully we'll be able to find a cheap (read: under $1,000) car. Yes, I had to specify, we've had a lot of people say, "Oh, I know where you can get one for $16,000!" Um...yeah, 'cause I totally have $16,000 just lying around, that's what I meant by "cheap." If you're wondering why I don't just get a car loan...well, it's very simple. Jason and I are trying to live debt free and we've almost got everything but the student loans payed off. Obviously when we get a house we'll finance, but that's the only payment I want to have. Besides, I've seen some really good cars for what most people consider a "down payment" so...why make a down payment when you could just buy a car outright? Anyhow, went to the chiropracter yesterday, he made some adjustments and told me to minimize my "bending, lifting and twisting." Um....I had Hype 7 rehearsal last night, hee hee! I don't think I stuck very well to his instructions. Oops. I have another appointment today, but I'm sooooo not going to walk in the rain. Jennifer said she'd come by this afternoon and take me, so that'll be good. Oh, and I have Roving Imp rehearsal tonight, aaah! So bad with instructions! Anyhow, back to Hype 7 rehearsal. It was good, we had a lot of fun, and I got to meet the infamous "interview pigeon." Good times. He was freaking out for no apparent reason...a lot. After rehearsal we all went out to Uno's because it's right there. It was the first time I've been out with them, and we had a blast! Sharing ideas for sketches, talking about scheduling upcoming show dates, and just getting to know one another...Tiffany and I anyhow, the others were getting to know us. Improv folk are the best. We all have the same mindset for the most part. Yay for freaks like me!

1 comment:

Spark*Life said...

First mention of me :D We've come so far ;-)