Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quick! Dodge!

Today was a strange day in Jessicaland...Jennifer was on the phone with me nearly all day because she kept being sideswiped by problems. Like, serious problems. They're trying to move and the kid who retrieved their truck hit another truck in the lot with it. Later Joey sprained his ankle while moving things out of the house. As if moving isn't stressful enough. There was more to the story too. Later Jenny picked me up and took me to the chiropracter and then up to the airport to meet Jason. We went to Jennifer's to say goodbye to them, had some dinner, and waited for an important phone call. When the call came we drove out to a house to look at a car. Jason checked the car and it was mechanically sound, it was cute, it was blue, it only had 130,000 miles on it (the van had 256,000 when it died), it was a four door, and an automatic. We test drove it, it was great. We totally bought it! $775! I have a car again, woo hoo!!! It's not a complete piece of junk, woo hoo! Did I mention it was blue? Jason drove behind me to our house and we dropped it off (it's not liscenced yet) then he took me to rehearsal. I was really late but I had called to tell John what was going on. It was interesting...I walked in in the middle of the longform and literally felt the energy in the room change when I came in. Not that there was anything wrong before I get there (yeah...so not an egotist like that) it just changed, and I could feel it. It was interesting how palpable it was. I got there just in time to do a second longform and then we talked about things for a bit. I wasn't there for long but it felt very productive and refreshing. Everyone was happy to hear about my new car. Ah, I'm so wound up it's not funny!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY FOR NEW CAR!!!