Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stop and smell the centipedes

You know what sucks? Walking a mile to the chiropracter on a busy road with no sidewalk! Blecch! And instead of having the decency to have a shoulder or flat ground next to the road, it's steep sided ditches alllllll the way down. Mmm, fun. Especially when on top of that you're walking with a tempestuous three year old who refuses to hold hands and expresses her displeasure by grunting and running into the road. Not fun at all. Bri and I did just that this afternoon. It wasn't all farts and suckage, though, we did manage to find about 35 cents worth of loose change just lying around, and my back feels great at the moment. We went to Sonic after the appointment because it's right there, then turned around for the long trek home. I got about halfway when a guy pulled up and asked if I'd like a ride. I checked my "stranger danger" radar (hmmm...minivan...carseat...) and he passed so I got in and he drove me back to the house. He said, "I saw your little girl and figured you weren't walking for fun." Ain't that the truth. What a nice guy. Poor Bri was so tired when we got home that I put her down for a nap right away. It took us an hour to get there at her pace! She's a trooper. :-)

No comments: