Thursday, September 23, 2010

School sanctioned hookey!

Today the theater department classes were all required to see the Kansas City Repertory Theater's production of the new musical 'Saved!' Oh shucks. Also, we had more people sign up for the trip than could physically fit into the amount of vans the school gave us to use for said outing, so Austin volunteered to drive and appointed me as her shotgun rider, with TJ and Sarah A. in the back. Double shucks! We were doing that lovely thing where there's a huge line of cars all following one another and the lights turn yellow early on.....that was fun. "Floor it! Floor it!" I think the lights knew we were coming, too, since they turned an awful lot. This is a pic of one of the other student-driven vans, featuring a lovely cameo by one Mr. Sean W. I think his face captures the very free-spirited essence of our outing, don't you? The production was absolutely fantastic, by the way, but it hit a little close to home for me. Apparently there's a movie version of it as well, but I haven't seen it. From what I heard they toned down the harshness factor big time for the musical. Probably for the best.

No comments: