Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Royal Affair

Today was a fast and furious whirlwind of activities. I woke up late, just in time to hear Bri's bus roar by. Oh great...I got her up and together we made her presentable and well fed just in time for me to drive her to school in the nick of time. Annoying fact: When your kid is a car rider in the morning, a teacher comes up to the car to open the door for them. Worse yet: I was wearing a bathrobe. Grahhh! I drove home quickly and took a turbo shower, then got back into the car to drive myself to school, also arriving just in the nick of time. After classes I drove to Kemper Arena, where Leigha was with Sheila, both of them competing in the horseback riding portion of the American Royal! Leigha did good, got a few thirds and a couple second places. Lucky duck got to get out of school for this, so I'm glad she gave it her all and was well rewarded for it! I left the show after a while to run to the airport and pick up our first guest improviser for the Kansas City Improv Festival! Yup, it starts tomorrow, folks! I came home after that (swinging by a shop to pick up a cute dress I had ordered...this particular shop never orders enough of the REALLY cute stuff and they sell out FAST.) and collapsed in a tired little heap, fully cognizant that this is probably the most restful day I'm going to have in a while. Glad I could make the most of it!

No comments: