Saturday, September 4, 2010

Schöne Nacht!

I had the most wonderful start to my labor day weekend. School went by fast and I had an extra long break between my classes that I used for homework and hanging out with theater kids. When I got done with school, Jason was in the process of taking the girls down to meet his mom halfway so they could go horseback riding this weekend (and he was going to be heading straight to work when he got back into town), so I decided to do a little shopping (woot! Garage sales!) then treated myself to a latte on the plaza, which is one of my favorite spots in the city. To be fair, though, it's on an awful lot of people's 'favorites' lists. The weather was simply gorgeous, the first 'fall feeling' day we've had. I caught up on some more homework while I sipped then headed to the crossroads district to meet up with my First Fridays flyer handing-out crew. Festival is next week! Among the people in my little gang were Zak and Matt F., which was a lot of fun! We met back up with everyone at JP's Wine Bar, eating and talking and laughing until it was time for me to split. I headed back down to the vicinity of the school for my friend, and fellow theater kid, Hillary's party. I missed getting to see Austin by like 20 minutes, so I was bumming about that bigtime, but when I got there everyone was in the pool so I took off my shoes and waded around for a bit, which was fun. We went back to the apartment and watched a couple funny movies before dispersing, at which point I was glad to get home to my own comfy bed.

No comments: