Monday, September 27, 2010

Backwater hick chic


Hiccups and snaffus prevented me from being home when I wanted to be. The flights that were fine when I left home became intensely oversold suddenly. And this is why I have never tried to fly out and back over a weekend during school just yet. Wait, doing it again next weekend? Yeah, I am. Great. Either way, I had to come home via the next closest non-oversold airport in order to make it back today....Branson, MO. FYI, their airport looks like Famous Dave's and Bass Pro Shop got together and made Cabela's, who quickly turned around and married a pawn shop, the union of which ultimately resulted in the creation of the Branson airport. Yikes. I hopped a shuttle downtown as soon as I got there, since I was afraid that if I stuck around longer I would hear distant banjo music coming closer....and closer......AND CLOSER! I killed time around the newly created riverwalk, which was fun, until I got picked up by my knight in shining Pegleg. Home sweet home!

No comments: